Saturday, February 11, 2006

Wrist warmers and AlterKnits gloves (I'm still hanging on to them)

For those of us in cold-but-not-Arctic climates, can anything beat the wrist warmer? I mean really, you feel warm because your pulse points are covered, AND you can knit, to boot. Also...

I really do have to say that I LOVE the AlterKnits lace-up gloves... the ones in Manos del Uruguay with the Hanna Silk ribbon ties? The pair I made for my sister is STILL sitting in my kitchen waiting to be mailed out to her (for Christmas--hah!). But they're so pretty that I want to keep them. And they feel all nice and scrunchy. Yum. This is a great pattern.

Next I'm going to try the Irish Hiking Wrist Warmers that I found on "Wine and Needles" (http://wineandneedles.blogspot.com/2004/12/wrist-warmer-pattern.html). Fun blog (from a fellow Californian) and a VERY nice pattern, but I want to alter it so I can knit in the round (I detest seaming...), so I'll let you know how that goes and what changes I needed to make, if any.

Photos are coming soon. Really. (We just moved and I haven't unearthed my camera yet.) Then you'll see how gorgeous those AlterKnits gloves are! (And can "ooh and aah" over my handmade "boudoir" knitting bag. I'd love to design more and sell these online--I know other knitters would like them, since I use mine all the time and get tons of compliments on it).

Until later... time to wake up the napping husband and feed the circling cats. THEN I am going to work on a design for a throw rug knitted out of twine I got at the hardware store...I found some that came in natural AND a great forest green. If it works out, I'll post the pattern here.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: