Friday, April 13, 2007

Where do you find inspiration?


I find it in the gorgeous colors of a perfect spring day: Robin's egg blue; pale, sandy beige; tart, fresh green; and the glorious colors of blossoming trees illuminated by the golden morning sun.


Looking at these photos, it's obvious I've been in the mood for pastels mixed with brown. Pink and brown, pale green and brown (like mint-chip ice cream), and powdery blue and brown.
Luckily for me, I didn't have to look too far to find the perfect yarn to satisfy my cravings...It's called Brightwood, from D.C.'s Neighborhood Fiber Company (owned by the lovely Karida Collins). I love all of NFC's colourways, but this one--brand new for spring--really speaks to me. It's begging to become a sweet little scarf, like this one.

I really would love to know: Where do you find your inspiration?

Finally, I have a request: This little one isn't feeling well. She has a fever and won't eat. We're worried, because she's about 13 years old. Please say a prayer, send positive energy, meditate on her healing, or whatever you believe in--it's all good. Her name is Maggie, and she's a gentle soul.


Thank you, from all of us.

PS. Comments welcome :-)


Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

Julie said...

Lately I've been finding inspiration either through direct need - "I want a knit for..." - or else by adapting historic, classic designs to modern casual knitwear. But I've found inspiration in all kinds of things. I've been trying to copy a Hawaiian sunset for about eight years now, and trying to knit a copy of my tabby cat's fur since 2001.

knittingphilistine said...

Beautiful yarn! Can't wait to see your version of the fab chevron! And happy, happy thoughts for sweet Maggie!!

kathryn said...

Sorry to hear about Maggie...I'm thinking healing thoughts.

Inspiration...well I can't say I'm often inspired but I do get ideas..I get them often when I'm out walking - usually in the countryside, sometimes when I'm knitting a fairly mindless something and almost always when I least expect them. And then sometimes the yarn itself calls out to me.

I think your Brightwood would make a lovely chevron scarf.

Ginny said...

Glad to hear kitty is feeling better! And Karida's yarn is fabu!!

There are so many inspirations out there...I'm thinking about doing a regular blog posting "Everyday Creative" and what inspires me...

Rebecca said...

Loved your pics of the Cherry Blossoms! I spent several years of my childhood in Northern VA and walked that path many a time. Miss it!