Monday, May 28, 2007

Just Fiddling Around...

Inspired by this, I decided to knit a little "camera cozy" for my Olympus Stylus point-and-shoot, which I like to just toss in my purse sans case, to keep things light. The yarn is Neighborhood Fiber Co. fingering weight in Brightwood. Really gorgeous colors: chocolate, cream, duck's egg blue, and vivid turquoise.

(Here it is without the camera inside, photographed on Nancy Crow'sbeautiful book)

The pattern is my own, from start to finish, designed on the needles. I'll post it one of these days. But just so you know, I cast on 44 stitches for the ribbing using US# 0 DPNs, then increased to 48 stitches for the body. Fits like a glove! And it only took two days to complete.

Also, here's a preview of the gorgeous laceweight Neighborhood Fiber Co. yarn Karida's bringing to The Knitter's Connection next week.

The fiery color is Capitol Hill, and the Purple/Teal color is called Brookland. It's the softest mohair/silk laceweight yarn I've felt...no itchiness at all! If you're planning on going to TKC, do be sure to stop by the Neighborhood Fiber Co. booth and say "Hi" to Karida!


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

brewerburns said...

Hi! I read your comment on my blog with regards to the number of stitches that I cast on for my sock. Did you mean the Monkey Socks (for me) or the Gentleman's Socks with Lozenge Pattern (for my husband)? I cast on 48 stitches for the Monkey Socks. I don't remember how many stitches I cast on for the Gentleman's Socks but I will check when I get home. I'm guessing somewhere between 80 and 90 stitches. I seem to remember the pattern stitch being 10 stitches wide.