Saturday, March 22, 2008

Malabrigo Lace: Santorini in a Skein

The instant I saw Veronik Avery's Lace Ribbon pattern, I fell in love. Had to knit it. Now!


So I headed up to Y2Knit -- wonderful store, by the way! -- where Susan kindly hooked me up with two skeins of Indigo. All the blues of the deep sea, from navy to violet to cobalt, the color was exactly what I had pictured...Like a trip through the Greek Isles...

When I got home, I carefully wound the skeins into tasty little yarn cakes :-)

After a false start with US#3 Addi Turbos, I switched to the ultra-pointy Knit Picks US#3 circular, and from there on it was smooth sailing.


Lace Ribbon will be a leisurely knit (I figure I'll finish it in time to wear it next fall). But that's OK. Because when you're holding a whisper-soft cloud of Mediterranean paradise in your hands, you want to savor every delicious moment.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: