Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Thank you! (and sneak peeks)

The "Mom Socks"

Early last autumn, I began to lose my "knitting mojo" as some have called it. Truthfully, that phrase kind of annoys me. It does, however, describe with more than a little accuracy how I felt. Designing began to feel like a chore, and maintaining my blog was even more difficult.

As the year drew to an end, I realized that I'd hardly been knitting or crocheting or spinning... Sure, we've been going through some tough times around my house, but enough to totally shut down? Well, maybe.

Brandywine Shawl (yarn: Shalimar Yarns Zoe Sock in Blue Raspberry)

But then something wonderful happened... My friend Kristi -- purveyor of Shalimar Yarns and designer of one of the cutest pair of mitts ever (Flitt Mitts) -- invited me to give some drop spindle demonstrations at the Indie Artist Celebration hosted by Eleganza Yarns. Surrounded by lovely, friendly fiber arts people -- knitters and crocheters alike -- I suddenly felt all warm and fuzzy, like I'd come home again.

I'll write more about the actual event in coming days. For now, I just want to take a moment to thank those of you who stopped by the table I was babysitting to say hello, those of you who told me you enjoy my designs, and those of you who read -- and comment on -- my blog.

Bento (A new pattern, available soon!)

Thank you, thank you. Your support and encouragement reminded me that I'm more than just a daughter, sister, friend, or wife. I am (among other things) a fiber artist -- knitter, crocheter, spinner, designer. And I count myself lucky to be part of this generous and talented community.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

happyone said...

The colors of the yarn are beautiful.
One day soon I'm going to try to knit my first pair of socks. :-)