Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Spring is Springing!

This is the sight that greeted me when I looked out my front door this morning...

My favorite flowers are blooming!

Our little cottage has surprises in store for us. I love discovering, like gifts, the plantings left behind by the people who've lived here during the past 80 years...

Everywhere I look, something is poking it's little head out in search of sun and warmth. A budding hydrangea bush is tapping on my window in the breeze; tiny stalks of oriental lilies are hiding under a blanket of dried oak leaves; and a tall vine of climbing roses is awakening near a trellis.

And while it's not exactly warm today (western Maryland was in the 30s again last night), it's certainly sunny enough for Katja to enjoy a good roll:

As for me, I think I'll forgo rolling on the rug for knitting, and spend some time enjoying Mother Nature from the warmth of my sun-room/studio :-)

Happy Spring everyone!


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

Good Morning:
Your lovely garden is making me very jealous. My garden is still full of snow and muddied water.

Thank you so much for dropping by my little blog and so happy that I found you.

Have a great weekend,

Lisa
Knitty, Vintage and Rosy