Thursday, April 03, 2008

Scarf Knitting: Peach Blossom & Lace Ribbon

I've been into scarves lately...

The Peach Blossom Scarf (my own design) is made of soft wool and vintage fabric strips. It's warm and lacy at the same time. And I love the color combination. But that's just me...and I want to know what other people think. After all, some designs turn out well and others just don't cut it in the light of day. I can't make up my mind on this one...

So, I need some feedback, from people of all age groups. My question is: Would you wear this scarf? Would your friends/daughter/sister?

Thanks for letting me know!




Meanwhile, I've been knitting sporadically on Veronik Avery's Lace Ribbon pattern from Knitty. The pattern is well written, and it's relaxing and fun to knit once you get into it.

The Malabrigo Lace, by the way, is absolutely luscious -- every time I touch it I feel like I've gone to Yarn Heaven!


Share/Save/Bookmark

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also dig the color combo. I'd wear it, but then, I'm wearing a powder blue tee shirt with a cartoon of a running fridge on it as part of my suit ensemble for work.

Anonymous said...

I think it's beautiful! I am a somewhat conservative dresser, however, so if I was to make it I would probably use shorter/fewer ribbons.

The color combination is fantastic!!!

Your sister Sarah

leah said...

I think it looks great on you, but I wouldn't wear it, it's a little too frilly for me. Having said that, I'm sure there are many people who would. That is one of the great things about the knitting community--we are all different!

Anonymous said...

I do like the color combination. I could see me knitting it in a Cherry Tree Hill multicolor yarn and selecting some one of the colors from the yarn in silk ribbons. I would probably use about half the amount to tie onto the scarf.