Monday, September 18, 2006

Alas...

...poor Shapely Tank. I knitted you. I blocked you. I wore you. I unraveled you.


In what incarnation will you appear next, lovely, drapey Rowan Luxury Cotton? Whisper what you want to be in my ear, and I will knit you up again. This time in a smaller size. After all, you ARE mostly cotton.

Meanwhile, I've finished Soleil in Rowan Calmer (it fits wonderfully!), and one pair of cozy winter in-the-house socks, in navy blue Dale Sisik. (FTR: I love Sisik. It's fluffy and warm. Just a little itchy, though. Hopefully a nice bath will soften it up a bit. Maybe with a tiny bit of conditioner...Unless I get my hands on some Eucalan. I really need a bottle of that, and a nice bag of dried lavender. I worry about my woolens--especially the ones I've worked so hard to create!)

I've also made several ball-band dishcloths for myself and for family and friends. AND I've been swatching the yarn Karida and I dyed a few weeks ago, to see how they look when knitted.

We've both been happy with what we've done. In fact, after batch #1, Karida moved forward and dyed some final colorways--Neighborhood Fiber Company's first offerings. They'll soon be on the market! Exciting...

OTN:
- Clapotis: Blue Sky Alpaca & Silk (a luscious, juicy violet)
- Short ribbed socks (my own design): Aurora 8 (rich eggplant)
- Argyle Tea Cozy (adapted from the one in Sally Melville's "The Knit Stitch": Blue Sky Sport Weight Alpaca (dusky merlot, pesto green, and a dash of mustard yellow)
- Tubular Scarf (from AlterKnits): Rowan Kidsilk Haze (in a bright raspberry color to cheer me up in winter) THIS IS NOT AN EXCITING KNIT, AND IT TAKES FOREVER! (Oh, but it will be worth the wait...)
- Linen Hand Towel (Mason-Dixon style, but with a different stitch pattern): Louet-Sales Euroflax (champagne and willow)

So why do I feel like I'm in a knitting funk? Some kind of ennui descended upon me last week. So on top of being exhausted most of the time, I also feel less than enthused about most of what I'm working on (knitting-wise). I'm sure it will pass...The cure might be starting to work in earnest on the Master Hand Knitter Program, which has suffered back-burner status recently.

Onward. The honey-colored light of autumn beckons...the days of knitting in the sun are once again upon us!


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: