Friday, May 18, 2007

PINK

These six-inch beauties startled me when I was walking to work last Thursday...I looked to my left and there they were, in all their glory. So the next day, I tossed my camera into my bag before leaving the house, so I could share their raspberry-ice deliciousness with you.

CAT EMERGENCY O' THE MONTH
We came home last night to find Maggie breathing through her open mouth, making a horrible rasping sound, and we both thought her lips looked blue-ish. So I turned on the A/C--the District is an allergy diaster zone--and called the city's one and only animal emergency room. When they heard what was going on, they said to bring her in immediately. You see, Maggie has a heart murmur, so heart failure is always a scary possibility.

Without hesitation, as soon as I asked, our wonderful, wonderful friends Erika and Karida were on their way to drive us up to the vet, then they stayed to drive us home. True friendship, in my book. After x-rays and exam, the vet couldn't find a reason for M's symptoms. (Of course, M ceased all odd behavior as soon as we walked in the hospital door.)

Because the A/C seemed to have helped a little, probably by filtering the air, she could only assume M's "attack" was due to allergies, which she's had before, but not seriously. So home we went, with antihistamines in hand. By the time we got home, it was after 9 p.m., and we were both absolutely wiped out.

I swear, sometimes I think this cat is going to be the death of me.

BACK TO KNITTING...
Since this is a knitting blog, I thought I'd also mention that I finished Waving Lace sock #1, and really love it. Last Saturday I went to Stitch DC and picked up a really beautiful skein of Schaeffer "Anne" sock yarn for my step-dad's socks. Chris' final pattern choice was Gentleman's Sock with Lozenge Pattern, from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Socks.

Between work, my sprained knee, M's emergency-of-the-month, and an overall sense of exhaustion, I haven't been very good about writing or taking and posting photos lately. To those of you who keep coming back anyway, I just want to say a huge THANK YOU for bearing with me. I love sharing ideas and experiences, and hearing about yours, too, so I'll try to be more consistent from now on.

For now, though, I'll just say: I hope you have a wonderful, peaceful weekend with lots of sun, fun, and time for knitting!


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

amanda j said...

Cats can not be trusted. They are likely to be faking it for attention. But, you never know when they are and when they aren't, so a trip to the vet is manditory. Perhaps she is allergic to cats.

I am SO jealous about the Schaeffer Anne, just because it seems so easy for you to have some and I would have to sell a kidney or a lung to obtain a skein! Don't get me wrong, I am happy you have it so close. Just be warned, I may be moving to a neighbourhood near you!!

Jennifer said...

We all only get 24 hours in a day (unless you do some fancy traveling by jet?!) and blogging can fall to the bottom of the list. I always want to read what you write. I hope things even out soon.