Friday, May 04, 2007

Café de Printemps


Weekend plans: Find a table in the sun with my honey, order some cool drinks, and read/write/knit to our hearts' content.

As for MDSW: I just can't do it. We've been a bit tight, money-wise, lately, and so I decided that it would make more sense to spend that money on:

(1) Our May rent (!)
(2) Beads for my stitch markers and fabric for my knitting bags (all under the Knit*Six “design label”), which Karida is going to sell on my behalf at her booth at the Knitters Connection in Columbus, OH, in June
(3) Our trip to Indy in June, for the US Formula One Grand Prix

Also, I have no shortage of yarn and fiber at home, and no projects planned for the near future for which I’m lacking supplies. Going to the festival is a lot of fun, but I’d be just too tempted to buy “stuff” – whether I actually want to/need to or not. And with our small space, there’s not much room to store more than I already have.

This was a carefully thought out decision, so I don’t feel left out or (too) disappointed. Instead, I’ll enjoy a beautiful weekend with Chris, and go to a DC United football (soccer) game on Sunday :-)

Finally, for my online knitting & blogging friends...I'm wishing you all a lovely spring/autumn weekend (depending on your hemisphere), with loads of time for repaxing with your needles.


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

amanda j said...

I wish you the same. Sometimes we have to make the grown up decisions unfortunately! Sounds like you are going to have a nice time anyway.