Monday, February 16, 2009

Kittens and Yarn: A fuzzy, furry hodge-podge

Who, me?

Dear
reader: Today feels like an unstructured day, which means this will very likely be a hodge-podge of a post... Yours truly, K6

I've been working on several designs, during the past month or so, but (sigh) I can't share them yet. Two are for sock clubs, and one (shown above in Adorn Sock, in the Brennan colorway) is forthcoming...more are in the works.

As you can see, I've had a little "help" from Charley, who excels at looking cute, even at his most devilish...

For example, I was taking some photos of this worsted-weight Merino. This one-of-a-kind skein's gorgeous color puts me in mind of the Indian Ocean around the Seychelles...Not that I've been there, but one can dream, right? (sigh, again...).


So I'm getting the yarn and windows arranged for photo taking, when what to my wondering eyes did appear, but -- THIS!

Just lookin'... Honest!

Oh, Charley. (Actually, at the time, I uttered something just a little stronger.)

By the way, do you like that color? What would you make with it?

And, last but not least, here's a design-in-the-works that I can show you.


I've been playing around with a scarf idea, using this fruit-punch colored yarn and some great silver beads. After knitting and ripping a few times, I decided I like the beads best on a braided fringe, rather than knitted into the fabric. What do you think?

While you ponder that, feast your eyes on some fibery eye-candy:

Zoe Sock in "Lychee"

See? I told you today would be a hodge-podge...But it's a hodge-podge featuring yarn and a kitten, which makes it totally acceptable, right?

Happy knitting!


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: