Sunday, May 10, 2009

Vienna: A Sweet Little Shrug


(Modeled, with some trepidation, by my friend Kristi. Isn't she pretty?)

Allow me to introduce you to Vienna, a simple-but-sweet little shrug to ward off the chill of a spring evening or a summertime movie theater.

First of all -- three important facts you'll want to know about this pattern:

Vienna is...
1) One. Quick. Knit.
2) Available in a full array of sizes
3) Flattering on everybody and every body

Want to know more about the sizing? Well, Kristi would usually knit a Medium for herself. But in these photos she's wearing the size-Small sample I knitted up for display at Eleganza Yarns.

A bit of ease might be more comfortable. I know I, for one, would also appreciate just a little more coverage in front, since I'm, well, more ample than the lovely Kristi. One day soon, I'll knit one for myself in a different colorway. So if you keep coming back, you'll get to see what Vienna looks like on another Real Person, in a larger size.

On the other hand, you may prefer a snug fit. Well, you need only look at these photos to see how good Vienna looks in a more, um, body-conscious size. The lace and ribbing is quite stretchy, and the ultra-soft, washable wool bounces right back.

Beyond the stretch factor, I designed Vienna so that it'd be easy to customize. And easy to wear. Truly, at the risk of sounding conceited, I LOVE this shrug!

In fact, this might be the only sweater you need this spring and summer -- it goes from office to picnic with ease. But be warned: Once you look at the Shalimar Yarns colorways, you may want to knit one in every shade!

Here are the specs:
Needles: US #8 & #10
Yarn: 2 to 4 skeins Shalimar Yarns' Honey Worsted (100% superwash Merino wool; shown here in Damson)Link
Notions: The usual suspects (e.g., scissors, yarn needle, stitch markers...)

For more information, or to order Vienna check out Shalimar Yarns on the Web, or e-mail ShalimarYarns@aol.com


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: