Wednesday, April 17, 2013

So I can bear this (Day 16, NaPoWriMo 2013)

So I can bear this
By Hannah Six

Morning, you sit with me,
Note in hand--
Didn’t want it to be like that.

Save me from danger
So I can forestall my being alone

I was thinking today,
He went to bed on the side I wanted.
How I’d like to have another day,
For a legacy’s a burden if forgotten.

Until cares lighten,
Make her rare
With us
So I can bear this.




Dear readers:
Today's poem resulted from an interesting prompt offered on the NaPoWriMo website. Here's an abbreviated, paraphrased version:

Choose a foreign (to you) language poem from Poetry International. Cut and paste the original-language version into a document and use the sound and shape of the words and lines to guide you, without worrying too much about whether your translation makes sense.

Click here to link to the lovely Norwegian poem I chose.


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: