Friday, April 06, 2007

Eye Candy Friday (and ripples, and socks...)

Can you believe our temperatures dropped 40 degrees in less than 12 hours? It's freezing outside...but it's still spring. These lovely little bluebells (Is that correct? I'm not a gardener.) cheered me up, though I'm feeling a bit uninspired in terms of writing.

During the past week, I've been reading a lot about ripples, at Nona's,
Alicia's, and on the No-End-In-Sight Ripple Along site.

Now, honestly, isn't Alicia's blanket delicious? Those colors--YUM! And her photos are so inviting and cozy...it makes me want to crawl into that bed with a good book, and take a long nap. (Don't worry, Alicia...I promise not to stalk your blanket.)

Well, I'm not much of a crocheter, but all that fabulocity finally got to me...
And, of course, I enjoyed every minute...maybe a little TOO much. I think a ripple blanket (or throw) may be moving up toward the top of my project list...

Finally, I just wanted to say that Ted and I are hard at work on the Orchid socks.
It's a fun pattern, nearly mindless but not uninteresting. I'll be sure to post the details when I'm done.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: