Thursday, April 26, 2007

Sock Yarn Love!

OK, you just have to see this gorgeous hank of Neighborhood Fiber Company yarn that Karida delivered a week ago...I can't get enough of these colors:
It's named "Brookland." Teal-green and purple sock yarn--lovely, stretchy, puffy superwash merino sock yarn! (Yes, it's Gems Fingering, my utter favorite.) Thanks, Karida!

And, speaking of sock yarn, I received my Cherry Blossom yarn from Sundara yesterday!!! It is SO luscious, I could absolutely EAT it! No photos yet, but soon, I promise. (Since every hank is a little different, I think a picture is in order, just to celebrate the pink prettiness sitting on my coffee table, don't you?)

All of which leads me to socks...
This is about 10 rows short of where I currently am on Waving Lace (first sock), from Favorite Socks. (For more, check out the Favorite Socks KAL...)

The Lorna's Laces is working out nicely with this pattern, though the yarn's natural stretchiness may be exaggerated by the stretchiness of this particular lace. At any rate, I tightened up my knitting a little bit, and was happy with the results.

Have I mentioned that It's hard to find a true US #1 circular needle these days? (I haven't been feeling so great, and so can't remember what I've said lately.) Well, most #1 needles are actually US #1.5, but are not labelled that way--kind of irritating, actually. I wish we could get needles in UK sizes.

Measuring needles in millimetres instead of random numbers allows a broader range of sizes. I know I can go to DPNs, and I have many #1 sets, but I wanted to do magic loop so I could carry these in my purse without losing needles. Plus, I was craving the mindlessness of it.

So here you have it: Yummy new yarn and a new pair of socks in a really fun pattern.

Life is good.


Share/Save/Bookmark

3 comments:

knittingphilistine said...

Yes, I'd say life is pretty darned good when you have people delivering gorgeous sock yarn (that stuff looks amazing... off to check out how I can get some!) to you. You must be magic.

amanda j said...

Oh my, that is gorgeous yarn. I cast on the waving lace but it didn't seem to be doing what I wanted it to do. A bit holey!

Margie said...

I love both of these yarns. Purple is my new periwinkle. I'm not happy with my waving lace sock. I think I need to use a smaller needle, and maybe use a lifted increase instead of the yarnovers before the purl stitches.